Most of the training I have found on the web is priced toward someone that plans on starting a business. Is their a training course, online classes, or DVD videos that are reasonably price that the average homeowner can purchase to learn this art. I am very handy and like to do most things myself, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for training to do a few project around the house.

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are you wanting to learn to do? Specifically? Is there a project or a problem your trying to solve?

There are very few training courses out there and as far as I know only one online. Vertical Artisans offers hand carving but most teach the stamping....it depends what your trying to do.
I would like to do countertops in my kitchen, a hand carved stone fire place mantle, and a stone grill outside. So I guess I would like to learn countertops, hand carving, and build free standing stone structure for a outdoor grill. I have been wanting to this things for awhile now so I have been researching methods, tool, materials, and training. When I came acrossed Vertical Artisans.com and seen the videos on youtube, this is exactly what I want to do for my projects, but the cost of training is so high that it would be the same as if I just hired someone to do it for me. Like I said before, I am pretty handy around the house and I take pride in doing something for myself. That is why I want to find a course for homeowners and not for pro's and not at pro's prices.
With all respect ..what was the cost of training? And what would be the cost to hire somebody to do all that for you? Do you know what it cost to be a member?
Matt Greer said:
I would like to do countertops in my kitchen, a hand carved stone fire place mantle, and a stone grill outside. So I guess I would like to learn countertops, hand carving, and build free standing stone structure for a outdoor grill. I have been wanting to this things for awhile now so I have been researching methods, tool, materials, and training. When I came acrossed Vertical Artisans.com and seen the videos on youtube, this is exactly what I want to do for my projects, but the cost of training is so high that it would be the same as if I just hired someone to do it for me. Like I said before, I am pretty handy around the house and I take pride in doing something for myself. That is why I want to find a course for homeowners and not for pro's and not at pro's prices.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Nathan Giffin Vertical Artisans.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

free counters