Okay im doing my first job and its a water feature on a swimming pool the thing is its 16" x 45' with no run longer than 10' before it takes a 45 degree turn. then i will turn the top 6" for coping to a concrete deck that has not been poured yet. then around the rest of the pool will be 6" border for the pool coping. im trying to figure a desing that would look appropiate within these parameters.

Random rock? Stacked stone? maybe a limestone block ? any suggestions are appreciated.

I got a palet kirt bag carving mix ready to go btw thanks Jeff.

Also there will be a 30" by 48' retaining wall im doing to match and to help visualize the water feature wall will look just like reataning wall so maybe you shoudnt think water feature on first wall just retaing wall there also. 

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can you post some pictures of the area that needs to be designed?

Hey joey, I think bigger boulders on the water feature, not as much carving. Then on the retaining walls do a stacked look and whatever texture and rock type on the walls, tie that in with the copeing. The stacked stone is nice ciz you dont have to mess with coloring grout. That is teadious and time consuming. Just a thought. Oh ya, plenty of reference pics on here also. Call me with any questions about the mix or whatever. C ya.

Attachments:
Any ideas

With the angles, the limestone block effect would look great. A story of how you were inspired by the Inca ruins goes a long way with the customer. 

Cut the joints nice and deep.

Jeff i was thinking the same thing but as you can see i vetoed myself
Jeff Tobler said:

With the angles, the limestone block effect would look great. A story of how you were inspired by the Inca ruins goes a long way with the customer.

looks great.  I'm out of Atlanta, and about to start a job in Opelika. Have to get together sometime. Nice to know others close by doing this stuff. Maybe we can help each other out in the future.

I wouldnt say i do this yet. but i am adding it to my swimming pools i build. When are you starting job in Opelika i would like to come see it maybe learn something

Joey, keep us updated with pics.    I'm bidding a big water wall right now for a hotel..have to design it around a fireplace and several big windows!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Nathan Giffin Vertical Artisans.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

free counters