I would like to know why I had these cracks appear. I sprayed the scratch coat with water, it is not very thick, and it is the TruPac mix. I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say and any ideas that you guys have to fix it. Is there a slurry or cream that I can mix the will fill them without affecting the texture? Thank you everyone for your responce.

Views: 980

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Something Better Co. Inc. makes an overlay specifically for this. You can overlay cabinets doors and all kinds of wood projects. they are located in Arizona. I have used a few of his products and they make some good stuff... Hope this helps

Lee Woolsey said:

Concrete Coatings Inc makes a stampable overlay in both white and gray mixes (http://concretecoatingsinc.com/stamp_tek_stampable_overlay.html). It has fiber in the mix and feels kind of granular, but it holds texture well and works pretty well in shower applications. We made a great barn-wood sample for our last home show display with it. (You have to use a VAE primer or it'll delaminate -- http://concretecoatingsinc.com/duraset-vae.html )

All the other showers I do, have either used their G-100 grout & modifier or Tru-Pak.

Hey dion, look on concrete solutions web site and look into polymer overlay specs. It gives you overlay recipes. I believe they are for horizontal, but with adding less water the will prob work well. They take stamps well. Also like Chris said, sbc mix is 1 part cement and 1 part #60 silica sand, and 1 part #90 silica sand and polymer. Thats all thats in bryans mix. Works great. Fly ash would help to slow it down and make it stickier. Just my opinion.

thanks Jeff for the recipe. going to give it a try tomorrow. damn, the things you learn on this forum,

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Jeff, Is this recipe what you use? And Chris, how did it work out for you?

jeff kirt said:
Hey dion, look on concrete solutions web site and look into polymer overlay specs. It gives you overlay recipes. I believe they are for horizontal, but with adding less water the will prob work well. They take stamps well. Also like Chris said, sbc mix is 1 part cement and 1 part #60 silica sand, and 1 part #90 silica sand and polymer. Thats all thats in bryans mix. Works great. Fly ash would help to slow it down and make it stickier. Just my opinion.
Hey kyle, this mix is really just for thin overlay applications. I have a mix im putting out i can send you a couple bags to practice with. Let me know if your interested.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Nathan Giffin Vertical Artisans.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

free counters