This door is being replaced so I had a chance to try my hand at something different. Took less than two hours to do but I just used sand and portland (No polymer)so it has some pretty narley cracks. I think that's the reason
Ya well the time thing wasn't on purpose. I had some leftover strips of lath that I used self taping sheetmetal screws to attach it only took a few minutes. I had a little bonding agent left over, I had to water it down just a bit to cover the area. At this point I was at about fifteen minutes. I mixed the mud in 5 gal pale so it wasn't long to start spreading it. I used the tree stamps from Walt tools that part was easy but it started setting up much faster than I expected so it was a mad rush to try and detail it before it was too hard to work. lol I had to use a screw driver to carve (gouge) what I couldn't get early enough. Some of it is kinda crude. I used some pigment at the bottom of one my containers with some water it was still kind of clayish washed it on, waited a few min took a damp sponge and wiped the high spots. The black is actually water based rustolium, nothing I would dare use on any thing else. The whole project wasn't thought out very well and was a mix match of left over materials. I didn't want to really spend any money to do it because its coming off regardless of what it looks like. It's funny, if I really cared and was getting paid it probably wouldn't look much better! lol It was fun.
I bought your contractors kit it has been awesome to work with! I have made most of my own tools in the past but your products have brought me to a whole new level.
Thanks for the complement David. I hope to try another soon. I will take your advise on the mix and fiber.
Join The Vertical Artisans Forum
Welcome toThe Vertical Artisans Forum
Sign Upor Sign In
© 2023 Created by Nathan Giffin Vertical Artisans.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.