Nathan,
Can you share the color combinations, type or manufacturer of color, and the steps that you take in coloring rock formations. I would like to know how to color formations both light and dark (like sandstone and river rock).

Is the butterfield color system suitable for outdoors (rock formations)? Which color manufacturer do you perfer?

Any and all help is appreciated in knowing how to color realistic looking rock forations.
Trent.

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Although most vendors of exterior color will work, I have really found a few to be exceptional.

I like Butterfields nano pigmentation in their Elements line but there are a few pre-blended colors that really work well for exterior. Boulder Formations has 5 colors. Caribbean Sand, Marron, Gris, Oxido, Negro these are great blends and can be tweeked with one another.

You also should not forget regular latex or acrylic paints that can be loosened up and blended together....

To establish color scheme, find a rock that you like and hold the color chart right up to it. pull 5 or 6 predominate colors from the sample rock.
Your Base tones and top coats. Use the methods found in the Painting 1 - 4 videos.

As far as the steps are concerned, we are working a a few exterior features and will be capturing those processes on film for the subscribers. If you have something that must be done now please call me or email me specifically and I or one of the artists will help you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Nathan Giffin Vertical Artisans.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

free counters