We’re looking for a few great concrete artisans to participate in the World of Concrete’s Artistry in Decorative Concrete Demonstrations, February 2-6, 2015, in Las Vegas. Application deadline is October 31.
This year we are asking that each proposed project be accompanied by a detailed plan, including specifications that are as realistic as possible—in fact, the preference is that each artist work with an architect to develop their project. (An easy method would be to take a “snapshot” of an existing plan or project and use that for the basis of design at the demo.)
I’ve attached an entry form for you to fill out and send to Ken Hooker at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. To learn more, visit http://www.concreteconstruction.net/decorative-concrete/how-to-win-... or contact Ken.
Below are a few details about the Artistry Demonstrations:
- · Participating artisans receive free admission to the World of Concrete.
- · Hanley Wood will provide a slab or other concrete to the artist’s specification.
- · A 10x10-foot concrete pad, electricity, and water will be provided but all artisans must provide their own materials, tools, and equipment. A lock-box for tools will be available.
- · Sponsorship arrangements between are not arranged, administered, or overseen by Hanley Wood. Demonstration artist sponsors may have representatives on hand at the Artistry Demonstration area and may discuss with WOC attendees the products or equipment being used.
- · Sponsors recognized at the Artistry Demonstration must be 2015 WOC exhibitors.
- · Artisans may use and display any equipment or materials they choose. There are no restrictions on labeling of materials or equipment.
- · The work must be created specifically for the WOC 2015 Artistry in Decorative Concrete Demonstrations.
- · The first two days of the demonstrations will feature artist works-in-progress; the final 1½ days feature completed project displays. Artists selected for the Demonstrations will be eligible for either a $700 First Place or $300 Second Place Experts’ Choice prize. (For tips on how to win an Experts’ Choice award, visit http://www.concreteconstruction.net/decorative-concrete/how-to-win-...)
- · Participating artists and their projects will be featured in Concrete Surfaces’ January issue, on our website, and in our enewsletters; in WOC’s daily newspaper during the show; and in the WOC Preshow Planner and post-show coverage, including the WOC Daily News Post Show Review (Digital Edition).
The Artistry in Decorative Concrete Demonstrations competition is sponsored by ASCC’s Decorative Concrete Council.
Victoria K. Sicaras
Editor — Concrete Surfaces
Senior Editor — Public Works
Contributing Editor — Concrete Construction Products
Hanley Wood Business Media
5600 River Road, Suite 250
Rosemont, IL 60018 USA