Hello Artisans,

Thanks to you all for participating in the Artistry Demos and Competition at World of Concrete this year. You did some fine and inspiring work out there, and I'm glad I got the chance to see it. I also enjoyed getting acquainted with all of you leading up to the show and while we were there in Las Vegas. 
I'm pleased to announce that Adrian Gascon's project was the top choice of both the expert judges and the attendee balloting. Congratulations to Adrian and his team for an impressive job! The prizes will be sent directly from Hanley Wood in the near future.
Roy Bowman's Scrabble board and Nathan Giffen's Vertical Artisans wall were tied for second place in the expert judges' evaluation. Roy's work was also a close second in the attendee balloting.
The judges used the following criteria when evaluating your entries.
1st Glance WOW: Is your first reaction - wow!?  Is there clarity of effort?  
Concept / Design Complexity: Is the piece clever, ingenious, stylish, complex…? 
Originality: Has anyone seen anything like this before?  
Workmanship: Was this done well?  Do all the minor details carry through?
2nd / Deeper Look: Is there unseen detail?  A story behind the piece?  Research of authenticity?
Scale and Scope: How much did the artisan bite off?
Again, thanks for your participation. I've made note of comments and suggestions you made while at the show, but would welcome any additional feedback you might have to improve the Artistry program for future years. Please call or email me if you'd like to say more about the competition or just to keep me posted about your work.
Best regards,

Ken Hooker

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations Adrian and all the artists that helped you!  You deserve the award and a job well done!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Nathan Giffin Vertical Artisans.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

free counters